Dining for Two
Impress your Date with the perfect Plate
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Green Tea Chocolate Pancakes: Make breakfast the most important meal of the day!
Pancakes are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or just plain old dessert. Spice up a favourite pancake recipe by adding green tea and chocolate chips into the mix.
1 tablespoon of mat cha green tea powder
1 cup instant pancake mix
1/2 cup water
1 stick of butter (for a vegetarian option use margarine)
1/4 cup of chocolate chips
1. Purchase "Mat Cha" green tea at any Asian supermarket. Do not purchase Zen cha because it will not work.
2. Simply combine mat cha green tea and instant pancake mix together.
3. Add water until the mix is like a thick paste. Too much water and it will not rise. I recommend adding water until it looks like a thin pudding.
4. Spoon out the pancake mix on a nonstick pan on medium heat. Make sure you grease the pan with butter before spooning the mix.
5. Add some chocolate chips. Do not add them into the mix and then pour because it will be uneven.
6. Fry until golden brown, plate, and serve.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)