Stuffed pasta shells are beautiful, easy, and impressive. Make this dish when you have time to cook.
1 can ready made pasta sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1 tea spoon dry parsley
1 tea spoon basil
1 tea spoon oregano
1 tub ricotta cheese
1 cup grated marble cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese
2 cups spinach
1 Box extra large pasta shells
1 tbs of olive oil
1. Make a simply pasta sauce: I make mine with one can of diced tomatoes, 1 can of ready made sauce, 1 teaspoon of oregano, parsley, and basil. Boil it together in a pan for 5 - 10 min on medium heat.
2. Cut up some spinach into fine pieces. This will be added to your cheese mixture. This will give it colour and taste.
3. Fry the spinach in a pan with a little bit of olive oil. This will bring out its flavour.
4. Combine the spinach with 1 tub of ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, and some salt and pepper.
5. Mix the ricotta cheese mixture
6. While you are doing all this mixing and frying, boil a pot of water and add one box of extra large pasta shells. Make sure you add some olive oil and salt to your boiling water before you add the pasta. When they are cooked al denta, take them out, rinse in cold water and begin to stuff.
7. Use a tea spoon and place some of the cheese mix into each shell until they are full.
8. Add a layer of sauce to a baking pan and place the stuffed shells in the pan.
9. Top up with sauce and add a layer of grated marble cheese. (much better than mozzarella)
10. Bake at 400 F for 30 min and then let it rest for 5 min.