Dining for Two
Impress your Date with the perfect Plate
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Easy to Make Green Tea Crepes: Beautiful, Creative, Green!
Crepes are easy to make especially if you use ready made pancake mix. To jazz up a plain favourite, add Japanese green tea (mat cha). It will look green and taste amazing!
1 box of strawberries
1 box of instant pancake mix
1 scoop of your favourite ice cream
1 table spoon of green tea
1 bottle of the best maple syrup money can buy
1. Take one cup of the instant pancake mix into a bowl. Make sure you use the 'just add water' mix because it will make life easier.
2. Add at least one table spoon of green tea powder. The more tea you use the better it will taste. (I know, it is really expensive so don't do this too often)
3. Add water slowly and whisk until it is a bit runny. The consistency should look like thick cream.
4. Pour some out into a frying pan and make sure it is really thin. Heat and flip when it cooks through. You can also add chocolate chips to enhance the flavour.
5. While it is cooking, cut up some strawberries. These will be placed inside your crepe.
6. Once the crepe is fully cooked, place on a plate and add the strawberries.(Note that in this picture there are brown spots in the crepe. They are the melted chocolate chips)
7. Fold over and add your favourite ice cream.
8. Add your favourite maple syrup and you are done. Enjoy this for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)